INTEGRATED IN-SERVICE SUPPORT SOLUTIONS
INTEGRATED LOGISTICS SUPPORT
© Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation 2010.
All rights reserved.
At L3 MAS, we maintain a robust and integrated capability to manage the complete life-cycle of complex weapons systems by using recognized techniques and the latest tools and data analytics to ensure maximum performance and minimum cost for our customers.
OPTIMUM SYSTEM AVAILABILITY AT LOWEST COST
The L3 MAS Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) team provides logistics services that optimize equipment and system readiness for the duration of service life at the lowest possible life-cycle cost.
We also ensure that all equipment modernization or life-extension programs are performed in an integrated manner and include consideration of all operational, support and economic factors to provide our customers with the information required to make informed fleet management decisions.
Our expertise includes the following disciplines:
- Supply chain management (SCM), including spare parts support and packaging, handling, storage and transportation supportability strategy
- Configuration/data management (CM/DM)
- MIL-STD 1388-1A logistic support analysis (LSA), including in-service LSA
- Life-cycle material management (LCMM)
- Reliability engineering and failure mode and effect analysis (FMEA)
- Maintainability engineering
- Level of repair analysis (LORA), maintenance program planning and optimization
- Health usage monitoring (HUMS) and condition-based maintenance (CBM) analysis
- Systems reliability monitoring
- Test equipment and tooling support and calibration
- Computer resource support, including electronic interactive environment (EIE) set-up and support
- Facilities construction and functional area allocation
We work closely with customers to provide a full range of integrated logistics support (ILS) services to support the acquisition, introduction, operation, modification, and disposal of major assets, such as aircraft, ships and other systems. Our approach employs the latest life-cycle material management and systems engineering techniques based on a full understanding of the concept of operations, and using advanced computer tools and information technologies (IT) systems.
L3 MAS IS A CANADIAN LEADER IN ILS
The use of reliability and maintainability (R&M) engineering practices along with LSA and other ILS techniques leads directly to improved equipment availability, supportability and interoperability. It reduces maintenance requirements and equipment downtime, ultimately leading to increased platform availability at reduced cost. For these reasons, application of these ILS principles has become a fundamental part of the L3 MAS integrated in-service support offering, thus ensuring the performance, flexibility and value for money that our customers desire.